I’ve been a curly girl my whole life and I know all about what curly haired people go through on a daily basis! No two curly haired people are alike and quite often, no two curls on one person’s head are the same! I work with every client I meet to consider their face shape, hair type, personal style, budget and lifestyle to create a cut and color that is signature to them.
Background & Credentials
- I began my career as an assistant in a high-end salon in Vancouver, training for 2 years through Vidal Sassoon’s beginners curriculum.
- I was hired as a stylist with an independent Toni and Guy salon, where I completed the Toni and Guy Classic Cuts and Creative Cutting programs over another 2 year period.
- I then spent 8 months working for an Aveda affiliate salon learning their color theory and signature cuts.
- Derek London Salon in Yaletown then became my home for almost 6 years. I spent my time with Derek London building my brand, Curly Hair Vancouver. I also received my Master Colour Certification through Wella during this time.
- I have recently joined the team at The Workshop Salon, a brand new salon in the up-and-coming district of Crosstown. I have joined forces with owner Franco Federico to create an environment that joins the quality and style of Yaletown with the character of Gastown.
- Having spent over 10 years training in a wide variety of cutting and coloring styles, from Vidal Sassoon to Toni and Guy, Wella, and Aveda, as well as working on many photoshoots and behind the scenes at runway shows, I’ve built a dramatic range of skills that I am able to use on an everyday basis.